COVID-19 Information Update: May 29th , 2020
In this turbulent and uncertain times, we at Wave Resort, keep the hope for a successful way out from the pandemic, as we are certain that the human genius will find a way to recover from this unimaginable nightmare as soon as possible.
We are prepared to open our beautiful resort when the global lockdown is being called off and the normal flights and other means of transportation are reinstated. We will remain closed until then in compliance with the orders of the Government and for everybody's safety, as our primary concern. We will keep you posted with regards to any further development of the situation.
Our normal life has been affected by the spread of the Corona virus as much as your lives and all our yesterday’s plans seem so be falling far behind. Please, do not get discouraged by fear and do rest assured, that as soon as this unprecedented ordeal is over, we will be here for you, ensuring that your well-deserved vacation will be more than enjoyable.
All of you - our Guests and Friends, are in our thoughts and prayers and we all know, that we will all make it safely back to normal life and we will have the privilege to welcome you back at Wave Resort – a place you may call “A Home Away From Home”. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Until then, please, stay home, stay safe!
Wave Resort Team
COVID-19 Prevention Plan
As an integral part of the Corona virus prevention plan, the Management of Wave Resort has adopted and enforced strict preventive measures to ensure safe, yet relaxed and friendly environment for the Guests and provide normal working conditions for the Staff.
Travellers should also keep up to date on local advice during their visit. The hotel will provide up-to-date information at all times.
As a precautionary measure, enhanced health screening procedures have been put in place at arrival and departure areas. Travellers should comply with these processes and take relevant preventative measures to reduce the risk of exposure.
The Hotel advises its Guests to follow some basic precautions while travelling, such as:
- If you are elderly or have pre-existing health issues, you should be aware that if you are infected with COVID-19 you could be at increased risk of severe infection.
- Hand hygiene is important for everyone; wash hands regularly with soap and water or a disinfectant, especially after coughing and sneezing, before handling and consuming food.
- Use disposable tissues when coughing or sneezing and dispose of used tissues carefully and promptly.
- Avoid close contact with people who appear unwell and avoid sharing personal items.
- Avoid visiting live bird and animal markets, backyard or commercial poultry farms and do not touch wild or domestic birds (alive or dead).
- Avoid any contact with animals, birds or surfaces that may be contaminated with animal or bird droppings.
- Do not eat or handle undercooked or raw meat including poultry, egg or duck dishes.
- Use of masks outside clinical settings are not recommended to protect against the virus. Should you decide to use a mask, you should ensure you continue to use all the recommended precautions in order to minimise the risk of transmission.
- Travellers should be aware that direct flights inbound to the UK from countries or areas affected by COVID-19 may be subject to enhanced monitoring, including measures to provide advice to travellers if they feel unwell.
- The entire Staff of the resort has been instructed to follow the general advice for preventing the spread of respiratory viruses. All Staff is required to produce a valid medical certificate to prove fit for work.
The instructions include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. This is particularly important after taking any means of public transport.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home, do not attend work.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin and wash hands with soap and water.
- Keep a distance of, at least 1.5 meters to the person you are interacting with.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment.
- If you are fit and well, with no symptoms, there is no evidence that wearing facemasks as a general prevention measure is helpful. Public Health Authorities advise against using masks outside clinical settings. If you decide to use a mask, remember to you should still follow all the recommended precautions above to minimise risk of transmission.
Physical measures in place:
- The management of the hotel is constantly monitoring the updates issued by the Health Authorities and maintains high level of awareness and readiness to react accordingly if the situation requires.
- The Hotel requires, that all vehicles used for transportation to/from the Hotel are being disinfected and sanitized promptly after each transfer. Detailed sanitation reports should be presented to the hotel on a regular basis.
- All Front Office staff will be wearing white woven gloves, which will be replaced and sanitized on a regular basis after handling guests for 45 minutes or less.
- In order to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters between the Guest and the Staff member during Check-in and Check-out, velvet rope barriers will be implemented in the Reception area.
- Elderly guests and guests with small children will be seated in the lobby and serviced with priority.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment, such as stairwell railings, elevator buttons, door handles, desk surfaces, remote controls, AC panels etc.
- The Housekeeping personnel will be instructed how to handle critical Biohazard waste in a safe manner.
- Additional dispensers of alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol will be placed strategically in the SPA area, at the entrances of all Food and Beverage outlets, next to the elevators on the ground floors, next to the Front Office and the Concierge desk. All guests and personnel will be encouraged to use the sanitizer frequently.
- All guestrooms and public areas will be fitted out with sufficient amount of detergent and alcohol-based hand sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol.
- If a Guest or a Staff member should report high body temperature, cough or difficulties breathing, the hotel will alert the hotel Doctor or call Emergency Services on 112 immediately.
- If there should be any reasonable doubt, confirmed by a medical specialist, the person and his/her immediate family should be isolated in their room until further instructions by the Health Authorities.
The Management team will work tirelessly to keep themselves informed, updated and ready to handle any challenges, related to fighting the spread of COVID-19.
All regular Health and Safety measures will be enhanced and enforced with full power until the threat is completely eradicated.
Follow us for latest updates & Stay safe,
Wave Resort Team